* Wednesday, April 11
– 3:30 pm, 4207 Helen C. White Hall: “Globalizing mining resistance” – a talk by Jan Morrill with the National Roundtable on Mining in El Salvador. Jan works with communities resisting mining in El Salvador, including one suffering environmental and health problems from gold mining by Milwaukee-based Commerce Group.
– 7 pm, 1121 Humanities: Film “Red Gold,” part of an anti-mining movie series (see below).
* Monday, April 16
– 7 pm, 2650 Humanities: “End mountaintop removal!” – a talk by Adam Hall and Annie Jane Cotten with Keeper of the Mountains and Radical Action for Mountain Peoples’ Survival (RAMPS) in West Virginia
* Friday, April 20
– 7 pm, Union South (TITU): “The true cost of coal” – a presentation by the Beehive Collective of Maine, with live music by Thistle and the Thorns
* Wednesdays, 7 pm, 2650 – Anti-mining film series
– April 18 – “The Last Mountain”
– April 25 – “When Clouds Clear”
– May 2 – “Matewan”
– May 9 – “North Country”
Sponsored by the Madison InfoShop, Madison for the Penokees, Midwest Coalition Against Lethal Mining, Wisconsin Network for Peace and Justice.
Join us at EVP coffee house for a viewing of The Last Mountain and a discussion to follow. Proceeds will support efforts to stop the proposed Penokee mine.
Where: EVP Coffee, 1250 E. Washington.
Join us at Revolution Cycles as we take in some energetic tunes to lift our spirits and prepare for the upcoming Senate vote on AB 426, G-Tac’s mining bill. (Read more about the bill in the “about” section.) Proceeds will support the efforts to stop the proposed Penokee mine.
When: Saturday, March 10th, 9 PM – 12 AM
Where: Revolution Cycles, 2330 Atwood Ave. Madison, WI.